Here we go.

25 June 2008

Re: The Seattle post. It won't be ready for awhile, but for very good reason: it's not being thrown together. I've got to do a little recollecting & remembering. I've got to upload photos & try to condense condense condense, even though there's no avoiding lengthiness. I'm still waiting for ATM's bit on our night out in Fremont. I've been too busy @ work to really work on it, but in the end I think it might prove useful to anyone who goes to Seattle & surrounding areas. Well, ha, maybe.

Me & KMHD are working on 'cheat sheets' to take to Spanish-speaking establishments, especially restaurants. It's difficult to tell someone "I am vegetarian" and get desired results unless you speak their language. So, we Babelfished some terms and translated from English to Spanish in hopes of being able to ask for a salsa verde refill and NOT getting any meat in KMHD's burrito. I'd like to learn more than how to order a taco though! I know the Latino community is steadily growing in Arkansas, but it doesn't mean I encounter Spanish-speakers all of the time. In fact, we get the occasional Spanish-speaking person here @ the courthouse or when I go to Las Delicias, but I don't encounter them otherwise. So, an effort does have to be made to learn the language, which I am happy to do. I guess I wonder what all the fuss is over some alien invasion? Amirite? Some people just act crazy/silly when they get the fear.

So, maybe this trip to Ft. Smith won't be so awful. We won't be there long, I'll be with KMHD & we won't be there that long. I'm hoping to do some fine dining.

ATM's band Eclipse Glasses will be playing their first show tomorrow night @ AR Flag & Banner! I think it'll be a good show, I'm looking forward to it. He's so cute, that ATM.

It's Wednesdate & I think we're keeping it simple w/ dinner & DVDs.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ZetgexCosse [url=http://manatee-boating.org/members/Order-cheap-Buspar-online.aspx]Order cheap Buspar online[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-cytotec-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Cytotec without no prescription online[/url]

Blog Archive